Users may encounter an error struggling to open the source file in Quicken while backing up their data file.
This dilemma usually takes place when your Quicken data file(QDF) is situated on a location that is remote as Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Carbonate, etc.
You ought to move your computer data file from a location that is remote to the computer’s local drive to generate a data file backup.
Note: you might also face Quicken Cannot Open the information File because it is in use by various other Applications
In this article, we’ll discuss the causes and solution steps to fix this problem.
Causes because of this problem
- Quicken data file(QDF) is situated in a remote location
- Quicken is not running using the latest release
Quick Note: The process to fix this problem may complex, you can talk to our experts for a quick resolution. Call our Quicken premier support or leave us your message.
How to Fix Unable to Open Source File in Quicken Error
Basic steps to repair not able to Open the origin File in Quicken
Step one: Update Quicken into the Latest Release
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If an update can be acquired to click that is download, Yes to launch
Step two: Move the info file to a local drive
- If your data file is saved regarding the remote location such as Google Drive etc. You’ll want to move the file to the local drive then open it from there.
- To achieve that:
- Check current file location
- Open Quicken
- Click on File menu > Show this file to my computer
- Then close Quicken
Now next screen pops out aided by the file location. You ought to make a right-click regarding the file and select Copy.
- Move the file to a local drive
- Now move the file to C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Quicken. Make a right-click and select Paste. It’s a default data file location.
- Now open Quicken
- Go to File > Open Quicken File…
- Then browse towards the location for which you moved the file while making a click that is single the file
- Then click Open
- As soon as you open the file through the local computer drive. Now try to create a backup for you but in case if the same problem still exists, please proceed further with the below steps again it will work out.
Step 3: Delete Config, Data, and Log Folders
- Open File Explorer (Ctrl+E)
- Click on the View tab(to your top) and work out a check on Hidden items under the show/hide section
- Not able to Open the foundation File in Quicken
- Now navigate to This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Data > Intuit > Quicken
- Make a right-click on each Config that is the folder, and Log) and select Delete
- No longer face this problem and easily create a backup after following all the above steps. Just in case the same problem still exists, you can talk to our experts for a quick resolution. Call Toll Free or leave us your message.